- Determine the last date you will work or worked.
- Notify the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB).
- Submit any documents requested by the RRB, Birth Certificate(s), Marriage License etc.
- Apply for Insurance, Supplemental Insurance and COBRA - UnitedHealthcare or other company
- Verify Beneficiary for Life Insurance - MetLife or other company
- Further, if you have other life insurance, make
sure that all beneficiary information is up to date!
- There are certainly other items which need to be addressed prior to retirement
- If you know of any errors or omissions to this or other pages of this site,
please forward in an email
so this site can be updated.