back to Railroaders Retirement Information
- Remember, carefully read the materials provided which describe the:
- types of coverage
- what is covered
- what is not covered
- percentage of coverage
(typically 80 percent of the allowed amount)
- This will help prevent surprises in the future.
- For instance, preventive care such as flu shots and annual physicals are NOT COVERED.
Supplemental Insurance and COBRA
- Supplemental Insurance covers a portion (typically 70 percent) of the remaining Covered Medical Bills (typically 20 percent).
- COBRA is available and can cover Dental and Vision.
- If purchased it covers up to eighteen (18) months after which it is no longer available.
- Remember, the vision coverage provides for one eye exam every year.
Vision insurance only provides for one pair of glasses every twenty-four (24) months.
Since vision coverage is only available for eighteen (18) months you need to carefully consider the value of this coverage.
If you know of any errors or omissions to this or other pages of this site,
please forward in an email
so this site can be updated.